Instant Oatmeal--for the win!
16 ounces Quick Oats (5 ½ cups)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 tablespoon brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons salt
Take 2 cups of oats and add to a blender or food processor.
Blend until the oats becomes oat flour.
Add oat flour to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
1. Add ½ cup oat mixture to a bowl. Pour in 1 cup boiling water and stir.
2. Let sit for 3-4 minutes to soften and thicken.
Mashed or sliced bananas
Applesauce or diced apples
Maple syrup, agave or coconut sugar to taste
Dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, apples, dates
Nuts or seeds, such as pumpkin or sunflower
Chia or flax seeds
Milk of choice
Tip: A few suggestions for storage.
1. Measure portions into individual baggies.
2. Place oat mixture into a large container with lid.
3. Portion in Mason Jar for on-the -go container. Simple add water when you get to work or meeting.