Yield 32 pieces
2 cups grated zucchini, with skins
1/2 cup onion, minced or grated
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Dash dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place parchment paper on baking sheet
2. Place zucchini in a clean towel and wring as much moisture out as you can. This is the key to making the tots crunchy.
3. Add zucchini to a bowl and mix with other ingredients, except for olive oil. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is too moist and cannot hold together.
4. Form zucchini mixture into oval shapes about 1” long and 1/2” wide. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tots over and bake another 10 minutes or until golden.
Make it cheesy: Add 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese when mixing ingredients.
Gluten Free Invited: Use gluten free breadcrumbs.
Vegan is easy: Substitute 1/2 cup puréed tofu for the 2 eggs.
Vary the veggies: Using 2 cups of vegetables as your total, such finely grated carrots, finely chopped broccoli or cauliflower, grated sweet potato