Roasted Pumpkin with Cranberries and Maple Syrup
2 pounds pumpkin, cut into medium cubes
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional garnish: 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1. Remove the skin of the pumpkin very carefully with a knife and cut into cubes
2. Toss with oil and roast at 400 for 30-45 minutes or until tender
3. In a bowl whisk together the maple syrup and vinegar.
4. Add the cooked pumpkin and sesame seeds to the maple syrup bowl and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add sesame seeds to mixture for an enjoyable crunch and lovely presentation. Enjoy hot as a side dish or cool and use in a salad.
No pumpkins? Use acorn, buttercup or butternut squash for an equally delightful taste!
No sugar please! Substitute 1/2 tablespoon Stevia in place of honey.
Save the seeds! Remove pulp and wash seeds. Dry, toss with oil and salt and roast in a 300 oven for 45 minutes or until the seeds are golden. Flip after 20 minutes to ensure roasting equally on all sides.
Oils? Use coconut oil for a rich taste!