Sharon's Israeli Salad with Avocado: B’tayavon!
2 large tomatoes, diced or 12-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
2-3 baby cucumbers, diced
1 avocado, still slightly firm, diced
2 or 3 tablespoons of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon of red onion, chopped finely
1. Mix salad ingredients together.
2. Drizzle with Vinaigrette Dressing.
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon basil
A pinch of sugar (or a ½ tsp. of honey)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix together Vinaigrette ingredients except olive oil.
2. Add olive oil and whisk together until dressing thickens.
1. Add some savory: Cut up black, green, kalamata olives (any olive) and serve on side.
2. Add additional crunch: Matchstick slice bell peppers, carrots or fennel. Serve on side.
3. Middle Eastern best: Serve with humus and a slightly toasted pita.
4. Keep it Allium Free: Omit garlic powder in dressing and red onion in salad.
5. Add fresh mint to highlight the flavors.