Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup parmesan
1 large egg
Tomato or marinara sauce
Low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Toppings of choice
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Place cauliflower pieces into bowl of food processor and pulse for 30 seconds, or grate by hand until cauliflower is the texture of cornmeal.
3. Microwave cauliflower for 4 minutes or steam until soft. Let cool.
4. Drain cooked cauliflower or place into a clean dishtowel and wring out the excess water. Discard water.
6. in a bowl, mix cauliflower with oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and egg. Mix thoroughly by hand.
7. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto parchment-lined ovenproof tray. Pat the dough into a pizza shape about ¼-inch thick. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the crust. Add mozzarella and favorite toppings.
13. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the spinach cheese is melted.
TIP: Cauliflower crust is not as sturdy as a wheat crust. Keep the toppings lighter to be able to pick up the pizza piece.