5-6 sliced and roasted small red potatoes
Crispy chick peas (recipe on right)
3-4 sliced mushrooms
1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (peel if not organic)
1 large carrot, sliced into thirds and then, sliced lengthwise
1 large tomato, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 bulb fennel, sliced
1 can asparagus or 1 dozen stalks, freshly steamed
1 apple, sliced
5 hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs
Deli Tuna Salad (Recipe on right) or Grilled Tuna, thinly sliced
3-4 hearts of palm, sliced in half
Bread and butter pickle slices
Green, black, kalamata or Niçoise olives
1. Arrange ingredients attractively on platters.
2. Drizzle salad dressing on vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley.
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 shallot, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Put garlic, lemon juice, mustard, salt and shallot in a jar. Shake or mix with a whisk.
2. Add olive oil and whisk until the dressing thickens. Add freshly ground pepper to taste. Multiply ingredients as needed.
Deli Tuna Salad
1 12-ounce can tuna, drained
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, chopped finely
1 small crisp apple, chopped
2-3 tablespoons relish or 1 large dill pickle, finely chopped
1 full tablespoon dried dill
1. Mix together.
2. Add more mayonnaise and dill if needed. Add a bit of pepper, if you like.
Crispy Chick peas (modified from Paula Roy’s, ConstantlyCooking.com)
1 can chick peas
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Drain 1 can of chick peas and rinse.
2. Place chick peas in pot with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or other light vinegar. Bring to a boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionallh.
3. Rinse with water. Toss with oil. Place on parchment lined pan and roast at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy.
4. Great as a snack or in any salad.
Options are endless!
Steamed green beans, a bit al dente, Pasta Salad
Marinated Artichoke Hearts,
Roasted Beets, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Zucchini and/or Bell Peppers
Keep it Vegetarian: Make Chickpea "Tuna" Salad instead of tuna.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and tuna.