Spiced Banana Milk Eggnog
2 frozen bananas, very ripe
2 cups milk of choice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cardamom
1 ounce Bourbon or Rum or to taste
1. Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Make your own milk below or choose from commercial milks--cow, soy or almond.
TIP: The frozen bananas make it colder and thicker.
Homemade Nut and Seed Milk
Yield 1 quart
1 cup nuts or seeds of choice, such almonds, walnuts, cashew, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, hempseeds, sunflower seeds,
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional
Pinch of salt
1. Soak nuts or seeds in water for 6 hours
2. Drain and rinse nuts or seeds.
3. Put all ingredients into blender. Purée on
high until very smooth, about 1-2
4. Strain the milk through a very fine sieve,
nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
5. Put in a jar and store in the refrigerator
for up to 4 days.
Tip: For a richer nut milk, reduce water to 3 ½ cups. Some nuts, such as hazel and Brazil nuts, have higher fat content, so they can be a substituted for heavy cream, if the water is reduced by half.