is a unique approach to everyday cooking that develops easy to follow and customizable recipes. Whether meat and potatoes are your thing or your menu is mostly fruits vegetables, we teach you to improvise on a daily basis.
Check out Susan's Foodie Lit review of Anthony Capella's The Wedding Officer
Keep it easy--keep it healthy! Food Prep Ahead!
We all want to eat healthy, but it's very easy in today's world to get thrown off track! One thing we do consistently is food prep for a few days or the week to keep foods handy in the fridge, freezer and cabinet.
We find it much easier to pull out a Tupperware of peeled cut carrots ready to go for snacking or in a recipe then to mess with prepping them each time. Especially when you or your children are hungry!
Usually we wash, chop, cook and store prepped items the day we do our big grocery shopping.
We prep the foods we eat all the time. Some foods we prep ahead are:
1. Lots of raw veggies- carrots, celery, bell peppers and tomatoes are some: Making salads, stir fries, soups and stews a snap!
2. Quinoa and Brown Rice- love to make a big batch of both. Portion in baggies and freeze. Use fo sides or main courses with vegetables, fish, poultry or meat.
3. Variety of beans- spend one day cooking dry beans. Then portion in baggies and freeze. Use for chilies, beans and rice, soups and stews.
4. Roasted vegetables and potatoes- great to have already cooked to use in endless amounts of dishes . Great for snacking too!
5. Homemade instant oatmeal or muesli- keep both dry and in containers for quick assembly. (Look for recipe in next week's blog!)
6. Trail Mix- Use this for on the go snacks and in packed lunches. Use a combo of dried cereal, fruit and nuts. Portion in baggies.
7. Green Tea- one of Chef Lisa’s favorite liquids for smoothies. She brews a few bags at time, stores in a mason jar and chills in the fridge. Click on the link for Chef's Lisa's favorite smoothie.
There are endless foods you can prep. Just make sure to buy and prep foods that are healthy. That way you are more likely to eat them!